Hospital Officers Indicted in Assault Case Leaving Man Unconscious on NYC Street


Indictment Unveils Shocking Assault: NYC Hospital Officers Accused of Beating and Cover-Up

In a startling revelation, three members of New York City’s public hospitals police force—Raymond Green, 55; Patrick James, 54; and Shahed Khan, 38—have been indicted for allegedly assaulting a 33-year-old man outside a Manhattan medical facility last year.

Prosecutors claim the officers attacked the victim after he refused to leave Bellevue Hospital, even though medical staff had cleared him to go home, leading to a subsequent attempt to cover up the assault.

According to Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, the charges against the trio include one count of official misconduct for the alleged beating that left the victim unconscious on the pavement. Green, a Manhattan resident, faces an additional charge of second-degree assault, while James, hailing from Illinois, is confronted with two extra counts of falsifying business records.

Hospital Officers Indicted in Assault Case Leaving Man Unconscious on NYC Street

According to the district attorney’s office, James and Khan, both from Queens, were escorting the intoxicated man out of the hospital around 9:50 p.m. on January 8, 2022. The victim fell against a pillar outside the hospital, prompting James and Khan to attempt to rouse him. However, the man resisted, kicking at the officers and lying back down.

In response, James reportedly began dragging the man off the hospital property, with Green allegedly stepping on the victim’s ankle. When the victim kicked Green, he purportedly responded by stomping on him and knocking him to the ground.

Green allegedly kicked the man once more before lifting him and slamming him into the concrete twice. Despite witnesses attempting to intervene, the three officers left the victim unconscious on the sidewalk.

The man remained on the ground for approximately 15 minutes before trying to re-enter the hospital. The officers, however, blocked his path, and the victim eventually collapsed to the ground. When James’s supervisor arrived, he allegedly denied the beating and submitted paperwork that omitted any mention of the use of physical force.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg expressed his concern, stating, “A man who went into Bellevue Hospital was allegedly assaulted and left on the street. Furthermore, some of the defendants allegedly attempted to deny and conceal the use of force to evade accountability. All New Yorkers must be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their needs, especially by the people who are supposed to protect and keep them safe.”

This incident raises serious questions about the conduct of those entrusted with ensuring public safety. As legal proceedings unfold, the community awaits justice and accountability for the alleged assault and subsequent cover-up, emphasizing the importance of treating individuals with dignity and respect, particularly in places dedicated to healing and well-being.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.